These cookies are deliciously sweet & nutty with a hint of salt, crisp on the edges and chewy in the middle just like a cookie should be.
Makes approx 20 cookiesIngredients
115g soft unsalted butter125g crunchy peanut butter
140g light muscavado sugar
1 large egg, beaten
½ tsp vanilla extract
225g self raising flour
100g good quality chocolate of your choice chopped into chunks (I chose a Green & Black’s bar with almonds for even more nuttiness)
150g roasted salted peanuts
· Preheat the oven to 180c & lightly grease, or line with parchment several baking trays.
· Put all the ingredient, except the peanuts into a bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon, or you can throw it all into your mixer for a minute if you have one, until you have a well combined and formed dough
· Sprinkle the peanuts into a shallow dish
· Take ‘ferrero rocher’ sized ball of dough, roll into balls and then gently press them into the peanuts, so you get a nice coating on each ball.
· Arrange well spaced out on the baking trays (peanut side up)
· Bake for 15mins until light golden brown
· Leave to cool on the trays for a couple of minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
· These will keep in an airtight container for 2-3 days or can be frozen for up to a month.